In Pursuit of Better Food After Finals Week


My finals week menu has been a bit down-scale: Microwaved Thai leftovers, microwaved Vietnamese leftovers, microwaved Chinese leftovers, interspersed with side trips to Corner Bakery or Panera.

You ask where my husband is?  Well he was working this week at 12,000 ft altitude, on a business trip to La Paz, Bolivia.  Seeing that I barely slept during my first week in Keystone, CO, at 9321 ft high, I know that he might have been getting more headaches than me during finals week grading.  I suppose I cannot exactly scold him then for not preparing yummy meals for me all this week.

I am happy to report, however, that next week, we are both headed to a land where even bicycles have special carrying slots for your favorite bottle of wine.  (Look closely at the photo at the top of this post.)


And where side-walk cafes are full of vibrant conversations--and lots of tourists willing to pay 5 Euros per cup of cafe creme and le hamburger avec frites.  

And where 500 distinct cheeses await my consumption.  Never mind how many different vintners...



Once we return, I hope to post some pictures of my new favorite food finds in the Rhone and Languedoc-Rousillon regions.  In the meantime, I have to go have another soup-and-salad combo at Corner Bakery with a fellow finals week grader...


Comments

Popular Posts